Le Sac Des Filles
Rains pours down from cloud filled skies, as it threatens a storm cars thunder by. People rush past in the bustling city streets as the rain hits the windows as a tear does a cheek. I sip a tea whilst music seduces the room, is there anything more warming than watching a cold day go by while sipping tea? I think not.
Time ticks by so fast in the greying sky as one stumbles down the path of life, and words seem to have escaped me as i try and turn them into meaning. It is not as though I have lacke inspiration, yet I spent much time in experiencing these fleeting emotions than studying them and the whole process has been quite theraptic.
Heels tapped against stone steps as I walked into the icy streets on the search for inspiration. Now lately (despite a very, very, very…. did I say very? empty purse) I have beeen on the search for something perfect, a perfect colour. Now colour is such an intimate thing, i do realise my perfect may be your worst nightmare.
Colour enchants our imagination, and more than anything else, I feel colour can mean something very different to every person that sets their eyes upon it. As a paintbrush kisses a canvas, colour promises to captivate and pull in its audience. Just as in art, colour can add a touch of je ne sais quoi to an outfit, chic all black ensembles can be contradicted by a pair of alluring red stilettoes or a statement peice. It can clash and create a masterpiece, a palet for the eyes to feast upon, whether blocking bright bold colours or soft delicate tones, colour brings life.
So what is my perfect colour? A soft rose pink, a dusty tone, yet at times a vibrant rich red, though as a staple I seem to always drift back to rose petal pinks. Flowers in nature give birth to an array of pure and beautiful tones, whether you favour a statement yellow or a delicate cream, nature can provide.
Colour is an ever present ingredient to inspiration, yet it is not much that we see colour as a whole and not simply as an ingredient that create. As i have said before, surround yourself in that which inspires you, whether that be a wall of teal blue, or gorgeous shoes in lilac, colour creates a canvas to build upon.
• Mochas, I am a huge coffee addict, whether I make it at home or buy it at a cafe. I also spend many beautiful (not to mention amusing) afternoons sipping mochas with my lovelies
• Wild flower bouquets particularly lavender as they add such a delicate and oh so subtle femininity to any home, plus a relaxing arouma.
• Sequined dresses from Museum(more on this in a later installment!)
• Red lips, a classic need I say more?
• Spring is approaching here and despite the cold weather creeping back, I simply cannot wait for lazy spring time afternoons.
• Spending cozy nights and days home, relaxing, going for little walks to cafes, taking pleasure in the little things and simply being.
• Snuggly, beautiful woolen scarfs and jumpers from Valerie Tolosa . The scarfs are gorgeous and long, a perfect colour of cream, and oh so feminine, teamed with the black jumpers which are long enough to be a thigh skimming dress, j’adore.
Until next time my darlings…